mClinica is a fast-growing, venture backed tech startup whose mission is to transform healthcare through the pharmacy and improve health outcomes for hundreds of millions of people across southeast Asia. We are a team of over 300 smart and driven people operating across 7 countries.
Today, we are the largest digital network of pharmacies in the region, connecting over 200,000 pharmacy professionals from 45,000 pharmacies which reach more than 100 million patients. We work with the worlds’ leading pharmaceutical companies, governments, nonprofits and academic institutions to engage pharmacies in community health. mClinica has been recognized for its innovations in public health, having received the World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Award, the World Government Summit’s Best m-Government Service Award, the ORIGIN Innovation Award for Health-Tech, USAID-FHI360’s Data for Resilience Award, the Pierre Fabre Foundation Prize for eHealth Innovation, and numerous other awards. Join this fast-growing startup and build the future of healthcare in southeast Asia!
mClinica is hiring for a Business Development Manager to serve our clients in Manila and support our growth regionally and globally. We are looking for a highly ambitious, dynamic individual who has the drive to excel and who believes in the power of pharmacies and technology to positively impact community health.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within mClinica’s market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Work with a team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that it will continually enhance the company’s performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of six (6) years of working experience, with at least three (3) years of which is in Business Development post
- With strong background in Healthcare or Pharmaceutical marketplace preferably in Consumer Health industry and Consumer Health industry business challenges, opportunities, and policies
- Great Sales Skills
- Planning and Strategy Skills
- Negotiating and project management Skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Combination of strong and strategic, marketing and sales analysis
- Creative thinker to spot new opportunities
- Honesty and Integrity are valuable attributes to have, as people are more likely to do business with someone they can trust.
- Demonstrate strong interest in technology, product development and data
- Good command of English language
What you can expect from us:
- Significant career growth opportunities in a fast-growing startup in Southeast Asia
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach with a focus on exceeding personal and company-wide goals
- Competitive compensation and international travel opportunities