mClinica is a fast-growing, impact-driven technology company focused on enabling Pharmacies to better serve patients and manage their businesses in order to improve public health in Asia.
We are a team of over 250 smart and driven people across Southeast Asia.
Today, we connect over 170,000 pharmacy professionals, 40,000 pharmacies, and reach more than 100 million patients every month through our network. We work with the worlds’ leading pharmaceutical companies as well as NGOs and governments.
mClinica is hiring for a Business Development Manager to serve our clients in Indonesia and support our growth regionally and globally. We are looking for a highly ambitious, dynamic individual who has the drive to excel. At mClinica, people who take initiative and ownership are rewarded significantly.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within mClinica’s market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Work with a team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that it will continually enhance the company’s performance.
- At least 5 years of business development or account management experience including sales to pharmaceutical companies (Rx and or OTC)
- Have worked in a multi-national pharmaceutical company
- Strong existing relationships with healthcare and pharmaceutical clients
- Decisive and possess a methodical way of thinking, with a strong focus on ROI for the client
- Excellent communication skills, ability to clearly communicate to top management.
- Demonstrates interest in mobile technology; ideally, you have a keen interest in the startup world
- Flexible to changes and capable of turning around projects quickly and present to top management
- Fluent in English and Bahasa
What you can expect from us:
- Significant career growth opportunities in a fast-growing startup in Southeast Asia
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach with a focus on exceeding personal and company-wide goals
- Competitive compensation and international travel opportunities